Music Appreciation: Book 2 for the Middle Grades
will introduce children to seven great men who devoted their lives to composing and performing amazing pieces of music. Through the individual biographies and accompanying activity book, students will hear multiple songs by each classical composer, learn about their lives, and discover the history of their homelands.
This second book in Zeezok’s Music Appreciation series meets all of the national standards required for music appreciation (fifth - eighth grade)
- Is user-friendly for multi-age groups
- Is geared for a variety of learners—visual, auditory, and kinesthetic
- Incorporates activities from across the curriculum
- Promotes an increased knowledge of and appreciation for classical music and the composers
Components of the Music Appreciation: Book 2 for the Middle Grades Curriculum
You can view a sample of the student book here.
- The Great Musician Series Biographies–These nine biographies, covering seven composers, are the core of this curriculum. Explore the persons, places, and events that influenced the masters and the beautiful music they created. Every important incident is mentioned and every detail of the stories is true. Each book contains written music and delightful pictures throughout. The following nine biographies are needed to use this Student Text:
- Frederic Chopin, Early Years
- Frederic Chopin, Later Years
- Robert Schumann and Mascot Ziff
- Adventures of Richard Wagner
- Stephen Foster and His Little Dog Tray
- The Young Brahms
- The Story of Peter Tchaikovsky
- Peter Tchaikovsky and the Nutcracker Ballet
- Edward MacDowell and His Cabin in the Pines
- Student Activity Book–This Student Activity Book is an excellent supplement to your reading experience. Activities in this book include a variety of topics ranging from American and world history, grammar, geography, music studies, concert etiquette, timelines, character trait studies and so much more.
- Journal Notebook or Lapbook–Students can choose to create a journaling notebook or a lapbook which will allow them to connect with the music and the lives of these musicians in a hands-on way.
- Music Appreciation for the Middle Grades App–QR codes and our app website provides easy access to all the songs from the biographies, interactive quizzes, and a variety of additional website links to enhance the learning experience.